April is Upon Us
One fourth of the year is gone. The weather is better, put away your sweater and go for a walk in the square. Prescott awaits you with her downtown shops and eateries. Our local merchants are ready to welcome you to Everyone’s Hometown. Remember to check out the Community Connection link at TheresadeSoto.com for all the things going on in and around Prescott. And remember to call The deSoto Team for all your real estate needs, whether looking for your dream home, selling your current home…or both! We are your friendly hometown Realtors and we are here for you.
Making dreams come true…….one home at a time!
A gush of bird-song, a patter of dew,
A cloud, and a rainbow’s warning,
Suddenly sunshine and perfect blue–
An April day in the morning.
– Harriet Prescott Spofford
The Month of April is . . .
Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month
National Straw Hat Month
National Humor Month
National Couple Appreciation Month
National Month of Hope
WEEKS TO CELEBRATE!
April 1 – 7
Laugh at Work Week
April 10 – 16
April 17 – 23
National Pet ID Week
April 23 – 24
“Just Pray NO!” to Drugs Worldwide Weekend of Prayer and Fasting
April 24 – 30
National Princess Week
DAYS TO CELEBRATE!
2nd: National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
3rd: Find a Rainbow Day
7th: National No Housework Day
9th: National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day
16th: National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
27th: National Tell a Story Day
30th: National Bugs Bunny Day
THERESA’S TASTY TREATS
Chicken & Cheese Tortilla Pie
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
YIELD: 4 servings.
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, warm enchilada sauce over medium heat. Dip four tortillas, one at a time, in sauce to coat both sides; arrange on bottom of a greased 9-in. pie plate, overlapping to fit.
- Layer with 1 cup chicken, 1 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons olives. Repeat tortilla and chicken layers. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and olives.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. If desired, serve with salsa.
Andy’s Actually Factual Facts**
- The only 15-letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- Giraffe hearts pump twice as hard as a cow’s heart, in order to get blood to its brain.
- Biting someone with false teeth in Louisiana, USA is considered aggravated assault.
- When he was President, George H.W. Bush banned broccoli from Air Force One and the White House.
- Each day, your mouth produces anywhere from 2 to 4 pints of saliva.
- King Kong was the first movie to ever have a sequel.
- In the Philippines, it is considered good luck if a coconut is cleanly split open without jagged edges.
- Jack Daniel (the founder of the whiskey) died from kicking a safe. When he kicked it, he broke his toe which got infected. He eventually died from blood poisoning.
- Intentionally farting on a California prison guard can get you an additional 11 years in prison.
- When you have to make a choice, and every choice is a bad one, it’s called a zugzwang.
**(They must be true, I found them on the Internet!!!)