March is here, and Spring is near, my favorite time of the year! Spring afternoons are perfect for strolling the Courthouse Square or taking your dog for a walk. Prescott is a very pet-friendly town. If you look, you will notice that our local shops and vendors like to put out bowls of water for our four-footed friends. Stop in and see all the unique items and gifts the local shops have to offer and the delicious variety of foods and treats in the downtown eateries! Once you fall in love with Everybody’s Hometown, give The deSoto team a call. We are your friendly hometown realtors. We can help you find your dream home, sell your current home, or both! We are…
Making dreams come true……….one home at a time………!!!!!
Never mind, March, we know
When you blow
You’re not really mad
Or angry or bad;
You’re only blowing the winter away
To get the world ready for April and May.
by Annette Wynne
The Month of March is . . .
- National Umbrella Month
- National Noodle Month
- National Cheerleading Safety Month
- National Sauce Month
- National Frozen Food Month
WEEKS TO CELEBRATE!
- First Full Week: National Professional Pet Sitters Week
- Second Full Week: World Glaucoma Week
- Third Full Week: National Button Week
- Fourth Full Week: National Physicians Week
DAYS TO CELEBRATE!
- 1st- National Dadgum That’s Good Day
- 2nd- National Old Stuff Day
- 3rd- National I Want You to Be Happy Day
- 9th- National Get Over it Day
- 13th- National Open an Umbrella Indoors Day
- 14th- National Napping Day
- 22nd- National Goof Off Day
THERESA’S TASTY TREATS
Crispy Beefy Cheesy Wraps
- 1-pound ground beef
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn canned or frozen
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice white, brown, or rice pilaf
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese (or Monterey or pepper jack)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 6-8 large flour tortillas
Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and crumble until browned. Drain grease.
Season with a little salt and pepper and add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and water. Stir to combine.
Add black beans, corn, bell pepper, and onions and toss to combine. Saute for a 2-3 minutes.
Warm the rice. Layer tortilla with a handful of cheese evenly spread across the tortilla.
Add a small scoop of rice, placing it in a line along one end of the tortilla.
On top of the rice add a few small dollops of sour cream, and a spoonful of the beef filling. Starting at that end, roll the tortilla up, folding in the sides like a burrito.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil to a skillet or spray the skillet generously with cooking spray. Place the wraps seam side down in the greased skillet.
Gently brush the tops of the wraps lightly with oil, or spray them with cooking spray. Turn the wraps every minute or two until they are golden and crispy on all sides.
Serve warm, with salsa and/or a creamy cilantro dipping sauce.
Andy’s Actually Factual Facts**
- The collective name for a group of unicorns is called a blessing.
- Elephants can die of a broken heart if their mate dies.
- President Ulysses S. Grant was arrested while in office. He was charged, booked, and released for speeding on a horse, and had to pay a fine.
- Dogs have a total of 42 teeth when they are fully grown.
- The average person takes 12 seconds to count to 24.
- The fear of cooking is known as Mageirocophobia and is a recognized phobia.
- The entire world population could fit in Texas allotting 330 square feet per person. The area of Texas is about 262,000 square miles.
- It is illegal to play a musical instrument in the Northern Territory, Australia, for the purpose of annoying other people.
- The Danish flag is the oldest current flag of a sovereign state. It was adopted in 1370 or earlier. The second oldest is the Netherlands at 1572.
- Jellyfish are considered biologically immortal. They don’t age and will never die unless they are killed.
**(They must be true, I found them on the Internet!!!)